Re: pelargonium echinatum

  • Subject: Re: pelargonium echinatum
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:26:53 -0700

I don't grow echinatum but Diana Miller recommends letting it go dormant in
summer (northern hemisphere) to maintain its vigour.  I suggest you get her
book 'Pelargoniums'; it's extremely helpful.  Another suggestion would be
to ask the gardeners at Dublin Botanic Garden what their experience has
been.  Perhaps you could give the Arboretum a call.  In my experience
public arboretums are quite helpful (isn't that their mandate?) although
you might first be routed through several tiers of employees.

Maria