Re: pelargonium echinatum

  • Subject: Re: pelargonium echinatum
  • From: DX Victor david@VICTOR.U-NET.COM
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:07:02 +0000

Most of the xerophytic Pelargonium will not allow you to choose when you
break their dormancy: They will choose to start themselves again when they
wish.  I have quite a large collection of those Sections of the genus and
in the main they determine when they are going to be in growth.

I have had some success with choosing the periodicity of South African (and
South American) plants, but only by choosing when to germinate seed.  Even
then its very patchy.

However, living in these climes (I'm in Bedfordshire, England), its
certainly worth the try, even though you may not succeed.

Best Regards,
David Victor

Araceae, Cape bulbs, Caprifoliaceae, Clematis, Geraniaceae, Paeoniaceae,
Saxifragaceae and anything else that is beautiful
Hockliffe, Bedfordshire, England, UK   Zone 7