Geraniums Around The World

Hello All,

We just wanted to let people know the current status of our 1953-2003 Geraniums Around The World Searchable CD Project.

The cost of the project is $8,000 and we have raised over half the funds necessary from subscribers.

For those of you not familiar with the project, the 1953 through 2003 quarterly journals of the International Geranium Society, Geraniums Around The World, totaling 4,866 pages (including photos) will be scanned and a master CD set professionally produced. The pages will appear historically as originals, and all text will be searchable.

As mentioned in the Fall 2004 GATW, we are offering for a limited time a pre-purchase of the set for $100.  For those overseas, we must add postage and a contact is necessary regarding the amount.  After this limited time offer, the set will be $30 per CD for a total of $150, or $125 for the 5 CD set.  So, this is quite a savings and when you break it down, less than 50 cents per issue for journals packed with information on the Geraniaceae family, from species to specific cultivars. Cultural information, pests, diseases, hybridizers, growers, scientific data and book reviews are all featured in these pages.

If you are interested, payments can be made through PayPal on the San Diego Geranium Society website on the last or third page.  This goes directly into the Searchable CD Project bank account.  Or, checks payable to SDGS-SCDP can be mailed to SDGS-SCDP, 1560 Primera Street, San Diego, CA  91945.   Please be sure to include your name and address and state that this is the pre-purchase offer.

We anticipate completion in Spring 2005.

If you have questions, contact Sandy Connerley from IGS - email above, or Cindi Lohry from both IGS and SDGS at hedgehug@aol.com

This would make a great holiday gift for pelargonium lovers.

Thanks for your consideration.
Sandy Connerley