Re: Holiday Pelargonium Names

  • Subject: Re: Holiday Pelargonium Names
  • From: james hanssens <jamesh@ZEELANDNET.NL>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:33:25 +0100

Hallo Sandy,

I am  James  from the  Netherlands .
You have a funny question and that intriques me so .
I just took time to  look for some .

So I have sweet mimosa  -  carnaval  - Feuer Cascade  and Ville de Paris
All these Pelargoniums I have  , from  a greenery  in my neighbourhood ,
behind the city of Antwerp in Belgium .
The woman who do the Pelargoniums there is called Katrien  Michiels ,
see their website at ww. fuchsia.be ,if you have interests .

Well , sweet mimosa is a smelling plant  and gives me the stereotype feeling
of the soft wonderful climate in the southern european countries .

Carnaval  ,it is only the name ,but my wife bought this plant . I don´t
find this so
special for me .

Feuer cascade is a  a really fire - red hanging pelargonium  ,like
Ville de Paris ,
but Ville de Paris has for me not so a  beautiful flower , light rose ...
But iit is called to the city Paris with gives me of course good
remembrances
from my holidays in Paris in the past .
But both are really enthousiast  flowering big growing plants
which gives me a holiday- feeling when I look at them in
my garden .

James  Hanssens
from Vlissingen ,  The Netherlands at the Northseacoast