Re: Holiday Pelargonium Names

Hello James,

Thanks for your descriptions of those pelargoniums.  This very silly question is getting some charming answers.  How do you overwinter your plants?  Do you have a greenhouse?

Sandy in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California

james hanssens <jamesh@ZEELANDNET.NL> wrote:
Hallo Sandy,

I am James from the Netherlands .
You have a funny question and that intriques me so .
I just took time to look for some .

So I have sweet mimosa - carnaval - Feuer Cascade and Ville de Paris
All these Pelargoniums I have , from a greenery in my neighbourhood ,
behind the city of Antwerp in Belgium .
The woman who do the Pelargoniums there is called Katrien Michiels ,
see their website at ww. fuchsia.be ,if you have interests .

Well , sweet mimosa is a smelling plant and gives me the stereotype feeling
of the soft wonderful climate in the southern european countries .

Carnaval ,it is only the name ,but my wife bought this plant . I don´t
find this so
special for me .

Feuer cascade is a a really fire - red hanging pelargonium ,like
Ville de Paris ,
but Ville de Paris has for me not so a beautiful flower , light rose ...
But iit is called to the city Paris with gives me of course good
from my holidays in Paris in the past .
But both are really enthousiast flowering big growing plants
which gives me a holiday- feeling when I look at them in
my garden .

James Hanssens
from Vlissingen , The Netherlands at the Northseacoast