Re: Small Greenhouses

  • Subject: Re: Small Greenhouses
  • From: james hanssens <jamesh@ZEELANDNET.NL>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:33:02 +0100

Hello Kent,

I looked in my  countrymaps  to see for your state .
So to see Indiana lies against the great lakes  and near Canada ,but
it is too long ago ,I learned about the climates in North America .
Above us  ( the Netherlands , I mean) is  Danmark and than Sweden /Norway
and than we get the  close direction of the Northpole .
I am still astonished you get so low temperatures  ,even in Sweden or
Norway  it
is not so heavy as with you in Indiana .
But I have to say  and learnt that the warm Gulfstream coming from  the Gulf
of Mexico ( if I am right)  and going through the Northsea and so  in
the direction of
the Nortpole warms  our regions  oh so nicely .
Only in an extreme cold year  it becomes in  our province  - 15 degrees
Celsius about
and than our big river can  have ice on it ,if it takes  many days  with
freezing so low .

I think with our climate change we have the last years  tropical plants
survive in winter with us .