Re: [IGSROBIN] New Australian species

Hello Andrew,
Yes I know of P.havlasae.   It is indeed a very dwarf plant.   I have a not
very good picture of it on my web page at
<http://www.users.bigpond.com/hillfield/pelpicgaly7.html> and have brief
descriptions of Australian Geraniaceae on my page
I recently acquired a small piece of it (havlasae ) but unfortunately it
did not strike.  I expect to obtain some more pieces shortly.    It is
allmost unknown, is protected and regarded as endangered.   I hope to get
it into cultivation.  My source has a large basket of it and it is growing
well for him.  It sets allmost no seed which makes it difficult to
distribute and this is probably the reason that it is not allready grown
around the world.   Whilst I had my cutting, it certainly tried to produce
a lot of flowers but they did not open properly, hence my not too good
I see you know of rodneyanum which I think is quite a pretty little
Pelargonium and I have quite a few pots of it in flower at the moment.   As
rodneyanum is a lot easier to grow and is a very close relative of
havlasae, it is my hope to try hybridizing them to each other. But first I
have to get havlasae established and that may take a year or two.   Maysie
is more of a cultivar grower, lets face it, there are not too many people
who grow species.
Geraniaceae is all around the World