Re: [IGSROBIN] P. havlasae

Andrew,
I have been searching for P.havlasae for the last two years, in recommended
areas.
How lucky Alby is to have access to cuttings.  Sounds as if I would not
have been lucky enough to get seed anyway from what Alby says.
Our Kings Park gardens used to have it growing, but have now lost it.

I doubt if Maysie would have  made such a statement about Pel's not growing
north or north east of perth ... she knows better, that's is if wer'e
talking Zonals & Regals.
I come from the N/E wheatbelt which is nearly 400 kms N/E of perth and we
grew zonals in kerosene tins out side the bough-shed!. They flourished,
even though they got very little water and were pruned now and again by
'Brindle" the cow.

I doubt that  any Pelargonium species were found much above  latitude 30
(we are about 32 here)  ... apart from introduced things like capitatum.
Maybe you were thinking of my write up on the IGS web page  " 'geraniums'
down Under" where I said  "true geraniums are grown mainly in the cooler
southern areas ......"

There used to be a CALM site (Conservation And Land Management)  which had
our       W. Aust species listed, but I can't get it up any more.
Anyway  best wishes to all for Christmas
Good weather here just now ,   only 30C
Joan