[IGSROBIN] New Australian species

Dear Alby, Joan and others from Oz,

You should not hide your candle under a bushel! We hear of almost everything
in the way of Pel species coming from South Africa that it was a real
surprise for me to hear of this new one. Yes, do grow it, propagate it and
tell us about it! Dryland South African species tend to come from far north
(up to 28 S or further) but not far from the coast where they benefit (if
that is the term) from nightly fogs but may get daytime temperatures of 50C
in summer. Your Australian species comes from inland areas where
temperatures may be just as hot but without the evening cooling. That may
please a number of people who enjoy growing Pel species. Also, it appears
that P. havlasae grows on clay soils. I shall stop here as that is where my
knowledge ends!

Best wishes for Christmas from San Diego where it was nearly 30C last week
but now is down to 5C at night and cold.

San Diego, California