third pelly copy from fat-plants

----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry Wright <jerry@gpdesert.com>

> I have posted a photo on the Pelargonium GetW page.  This pelargonium was
> possibly obtained from the Lila Lilly estate quite a few years ago, and
was
> labeled Pelargonium 'Karoo Pride' #6995.  That is all that I know about
> this plant.  Does anyone recognize the name or the plant?
> http://gpdesert.com/Pelargonium.html

Hi Jerry,

The name was familiar and a quick search (I got lucky) found a reference but
not the original.  In a page of references of the November 1993 issue of
'Hystrix - the natura habitat and cultivation of some southern aftrican
geophytic pelargoniums'  Published by the South African Pelargonium and
Geranium Society and writen by Charles Craib I found the following:

De Marie, E "Karoo Pride" A new hybrid of Pelargonium sericifolium x
Pelargonium hystrix. Hystrix Vol. 1 No. 4, 1990: 37- 39

I met Mr DeMarie during the last San Diego convention.  I had an email
address for him and dropped him a request for more info.

Keep Growing
Pete Liekkio
Seattle, Washington
pliekkio@connectexpress.com