Re: Bode Nursery Information Request

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Bode Nursery Information Request
  • From: Mimy Sluiter <manx1@WXS.NL>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:59:25 +0100

Ed Olson Moore wrote: << I'm specifically looking for information on the
year two Regal were introduced [ by Fred Bode]: 'Brazil' and 'Copper
Canyon' and any information at all on the scented geranium 'Aroma '. The
two Regals were hybridized by my dad, Carlos Moore,but I don't know the
date. The  scented was apparently also my dad's, but I'd like additional
documentation, if it exists. As my parents knew the Bode's well, I'm
assuming these plants would have been carried by the m. Maybe the info
is on other nursery catalogs from that period. Any info would be
appreciated. Thanks. Ed Olson-Moore h20wrx@aol.com >>

Hi Ed,
Here is what I have in my files for you on the Bode and Moore plants:

Beau Geste, pink with deepred marks and a white heart, Regal, single,
Fred A. Bode pre 1965
Crimson Charmer, rich crimson red, Zonal, semi-double, Irene-type, Fred
A. Bode pre 1966
Firebrand, bright poppy-orangered, Zonal, semi-double, Irene-type, Fred
A. Bode 1964
Majestic, deep wamr red, Zonal, Semi-double, Irene-type, Fred A. Bode
pre 1966
Modesty, white with rose blush, ZOnal, semi-double, Irene type, Fred A.
Bode pre 1966
Showgirl, clear red, Zonal, double, Irene-type, Frances Hartsook & Fred
A. Bode pre 1966
Topscore, orangered, Zonal, zemi-double, Irene-type, Fred A. Bode pre
1966
Treasure Chest, middle orangered, Zonal, double, dwarf-size, Irene-type,
USA Fred A. Bode pre 1966
Pungent Peppermint [aka Bode's Peppermint) Very deeply cut grey-green
velvety leaves. Nice mint scent. Mauve flowers.

Aroma, white flower, Scented, apple scented leaves, grey with green
edge, Carlos Moore 19..

Hope it helps somewhat
Mimy Sluiter
The Netherlands