Re: membership problems

  • Subject: Re: membership problems
  • From: Hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:57:37 -0500

Anna, Mark, and anyone else with a problem with membership:

Yes, the International Geranium Society really exists!  The spring issue of Geraniums Around the World has been submitted to the publisher and should be printed and in the mail by mid-March, on schedule.

As a past president and the current editor of Geraniums Around the World, I know the publication committee (including myself) donate hundreds of hours of our time every issue to solicit articles from a wide range of contributors, coordinate the photographs, proofread and get contributor approval of their articles, and edit the journal so that it is published timely each quarter, and it infuriates me that you are not receiving the attention you deserve when you do not receive your journal timely.

These matters should have been resolved immediately by either the person handling membership or the person who handles the back issues.  As there has obviously been a breakdown in communication when you followed the correct "chain of command" and reported the problem, I am going to step in and resolve it for you now.  I cannot explain why you did not receive a response previously from the person(s) who should have handled this, but I can resolve it.

As editor, I have a small amount of back issues immediately available to me.  Email me privately at hedgehug@aol.com if you did not receive your issue of GATW.  Tell me what issue(s) you did not get and provide your mailing address, and I will mail the issue(s) to you within 24 hours.  VERY IMPORTANT:  When emailing me, put GATW in the subject line so that I recognize your email as GATW-related and do not delete it as spam.  I will respond to your email to let you know that I did receive it and confirm that I have mailed the issue(s).

And, I will definitely be bringing up this matter of non-responsiveness to membership requests up at the next board meeting, which is in April.

Please accept my personal apology for the apparent failure of IGS to respond to your earlier communications, and allow me to rectify the problem.

Cynthia Lohry
Editor, Geraniums Around the World
Director & Vice President, International Geranium Society