Re: Fancy Leaf Zonals

  • Subject: Re: Fancy Leaf Zonals
  • From: ECPep@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:35:37 EST

In a message dated 2/26/04 7:00:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, Akbehn@AOL.COM
writes:

> moment.  Bird
> Dancer is small, grows easily and blooms often for me so that is my very
> favorite.

Bird Dancer is a very good choice for indoor or GH growth in northern states.
 I have had this plant for years having purchased it from Blue Meadow in
Montague, Mass.  For those who are looking in the New England area, this
greenhouse grows many pelargoniums from their own stock plants which are usually on
display in the greenhouse.  They also have some species on display which may or
may not be for sale.  If some other zonals are nominated please mention where
you are located.  West coast growers can succeed with a much larger list than
northern and eastern states.

Claire Peplowski
NYS zone 4 US