Posting messages

  • Subject: Posting messages
  • From: David Barrett <mentha@beeb.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:06:15 -0800

Hello All,

Of the exchange of recent messages two have been sent in
Rich Text (HTML) and another with MIME turned on.
Please note that all messages should be sent to the group
in Plain Text and with MIME turned off. (Refer to you
browser help files if you don't know how). I am relaying
the regulation given by St John's for the use of their listserv
software and facilities that have allowed this group to
continue. Although some messages not complying with
these criteria do often get through they may not always
do so, and in at least some of our mailboxes it shows
up with all the HTML code almost hiding the actual

If they group as a whole wants the ability to use HTML in
sending messages then we would need to consider a new
host. In the past when this has been floated all those that
responded were in favour of use remaining as we are.

The group has the use of webspace, under it's own web
address (www.igsrobin.info), for posting any photographs etc
(This is not the IGS society website which is at
www.geocities.com/RainForest/2822 ).

David Barrett,  List Manager,  IGS Robin,  mail@igsrobin.info
email discussion group on pelargoniums, geraniums & all Geraniaceae
IGS Robin webpage: www.igsrobin.info
send messages to the list/group at  igsrobin@maelstom.stjohns.edu
(only subscribed members messages will be distributed to other members)
to leave the list/group send to listserv@maelstrom.stjohns.edu the message
to rejoin the list/group send to listserv@maelstrom.stjohns.edu the message