Re OASIS: yes you cut up the cubes to plant foam and all.  I use those foam
popcorn kernels in the bottom of flowerpots too.  It helps drain, and the
roots grow right through the stuff.

Yes, I write in German on occasion.  I did belong to the Hosta group.  Do
write to Kevin Waled at  He is that fearless leader.

They are a little too high-level for me.  I am using hostas only to give
relief to the mostly ugly daylily foliage.  Reducing my daylilies from 175
to 100 mostly red cvs will help, too.  But hostas really do keep my small
garden "calm."