Re: [IGSROBIN] Hardy Geranium Order Decisions; input requested

Hello Lillian from OZ,
 My sylvaticums survive fine in our conditions which are probably somewhat
harsher than yours.  Just keep the water up to them.  This applies to most
Geraniums.

Blue Cloud is a seedling from Brookside  which is in turn a hybrid of
clarkei 'Kashmir Purple x G.pratense.
erianthum Calm Sea is just a selection from the species and is not a hybrid
ruprechtii is a species
transbaicalicum is a species
himalayense 'Irish Blue'  is a selection of the species
Blue Cloud is a G.Nimbus seedling which in turn is G.collinum x
clarkei'Kashmir Purple
Maxwelton is G.psilostemon x oxonianum 'Wargrave Pink'
Sellindge Blue is believed to be G.pratense x G.regelllii ( it was
introduced by Marty Rix as being from a species found in Tajikistan

Re seed raising:   I would certainly sow earlier than May if I were you.
You only need temperatures of about 17 degrees C and you would be moving
into the 20's I would have thought by May (our November)
Seedlings usually grow pretty quickly and I have them in 4" pots within 2
months of germination and in 6" pots a couple of months later.    I would
tend to give them some protection during Winter against frosts but most are
dormant/semi-dormant at that time anyway.
Regards
Alby
Geraniaceae is all around the World
mailto:SCRIVENS@bigpond.com