[IGSROBIN] information please

I bet a lot of you out there grow under lights.  I am sure this has been
addressed before.  But!,  I have a two layer plant stand that has room
for the attachment of two of those thingys that hold florescent lights.
What kind of florescent lights do I purchase?  Will regular ones work to
start seeds?  I looked in a catalog at some listed there, and about
fainted at the cost.
All is fine here on the high desert of Oregon.  Winds have reached 89
mph so far this winter.  We are in the throes of calving season.  The
snow and wind is hard on everybody.  We normally do not start this
process until March, but the neighbors bull came visiting, and visiting,
and visiting.  I think he had wings to get over and through the fences.
The cold and snow is a real challenge.  Husband, and eldest son who
ranches with us, are not getting a whole lot of sleep.  We live with the
cattle during this time.  It pays in the end.  Just breaks our heart to
lose one of those babies.  We can see patches of grass now.  But,
another storm is moving in.  We are so thankful for the snow and rain.
We had eight years of drought, and I never  want to go through that,
ever again.  On the weekend the grandchildren ride the herd so Grandpa
and Daddy can get some much needed rest.  It is their chore to clean the
barn, put down more straw, and get the stalls ready for any mommies and
babies that need extra special care.    We are a commercial herd, so
this is not a small chore.  In the mornings Grandpa runs the feeding
process.  We have a rather large tractor that pulls a home made machine
that chops the 1600 pound round bales and feeds them out.  It feeds
either onto the ground or into feed bunks.  Son, does the doctoring and
rides ther herd looking for new mommies and babies. At this point they
are given an injection to make sure there is no infection that will grow
in the navel.  Along with a topical squirt of a medicine.
Wow, I have rambled on and on here.
But, do enjoy sharing my world with you all out there.  The sun was a
bright pink across the desert at dawn, the reflection on the lake was
Hello Joan in Australia.
Diane in Oregon