G.pheaum nothovar. anglicum

Hello all,

The weather is not bad in the Southern part of Holland, frost in the
night and days just above zero. Nice to do the winter garden work. Nice
light for the germinating seeds in the glasshouse. Now the garden is not
taking all the time I came to a for me old question:
G.phaeum nothovar. anglicum what is the meaning of this name.
In a botanical dictionary is mentioned that notho means false, not
genuine, hybrid. An example is Nothofagus antarctica as the not true
beech of the Southern hemisphere.
Can anybody approve that 'my' explanation of nothovar. is a close to but
not real variety? So G.phaeum nothovar. anglicum should be a not real
English variety of G.pheaum?