Re: cuttings

Cynthia,

I plant all my geraniums in pots and containers and I do try to winter over
some of the plants that are smaller or the ones I couldn't get many cuttings
from.  I put these larger plants under the lights with the cuttings.  I prune
them back about a third and water them maybe once a week.   For most of my
plants though I do rely on the cuttings.  I can usually start potting up and
setting the plants outside in April.  They grow outside until the first hard
frost which is usually October or November.   I add fertilizer like Osmicote
to the soil when I plant the geraniums.  So during the summer growing season
all I do is water them.  During some of the hottest months I have to water
them twice a day.

Angie
Dayton, OH