Re: hybridizing

Is anybody aware of a classification of hybrids with their relative pollinating (male) fertility and/or receptive (female) fertility?

   I'm new to the hybridizing game and am having lots of fun but I've come to suspect some of my miniatures and dwarfs are sterile - certain ones don't seem to produce any visible pollen at any stage, and others aren't forming seed.

   I don't want to waste my time reinventing the wheel, so to speak.  But maybe it's all a matter of personal experience, trial & error?

   I read somewhere that certain hybrids are haploid or polyploid ... in other words incompatible crosses with 'normal' species or cultivars.  If anyone can steer me to a source of information on this I'd be grateful.

Maria