Re: hybridizing

Dear Alby:   Thanks for the long reply.  It is encouraging, and I am familiar with what you describe about ripe pollen/receptive stigmas.  The photo of P.asha is very interesting and also encouraging!  I have some species seedlings about to bloom and have ordered more seed from IGS, as I particularly want to try crossing hybrids back to selected species.

What is the parentage of those colored leaves just beneath the pic of P. asha?  Or is that an indiscreet question?

Another question:  is Pelargoniums: A Gardener's Guide to the Species and their Hybrids and Cultivars a worthwhile book?  Any others out there dealing with the species?

Maria