Re: IGS soon able to accept VISA & Mastercard payments re membership

I will join as soon as I can use MasterCard!

Jip Bieräugel, Alkmaar., Holland

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: IGSROBIN [mailto:IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU]Namens Cynthia S. Lohry
Verzonden: dinsdag 30 januari 2001 3:42
Aan: IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
Onderwerp: IGS soon able to accept VISA & Mastercard payments re membership

--part1_d9.f8f200d.27a78408_boundary

IGS will soon be able to accept payment for membership via Visa and
MasterCard.  There will be a secure link on the IGS website that will allow
members to renew and potential members to pay for their memberships using
Visa or MasterCard.

Anyone who has purchased an international money order lately knows that they
are sometimes more expensive than the item you wanted to pay for in the
first
place.  IGS has been looking for an easy to use, safe, less expensive way
for
overseas members to purchase memberships and renewals.   The research has
been done, and the Board has approved the action, so it is simply a matter
of
the Webmaster making the appropriate links and additions to the IGS website.

Anyone is welcome to use their credit card, not just those overseas.  There
will be a small handling fee added to the cost of membership.   Subject to
last minute changes, we are looking at the following:

$16       1 year (4 journals) mailed by regular mail
$25       1 year (4 journals) mailed by airmail

Please let me know your thoughts on this new option, and once the website is
updated, your experience when using a credit card to pay for
membership/renewal so that I can report back to the Board.

Thanks,

Cynthia Lohry
President, IGS

--part1_d9.f8f200d.27a78408_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>IGS will soon be able to
accept payment for membership via Visa and
<BR>MasterCard. &nbsp;There will be a secure link on the IGS website that
will allow
<BR>members to renew and potential members to pay for their memberships
using
<BR>Visa or MasterCard. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Anyone who has purchased an international money order lately knows that
they
<BR>are sometimes more expensive than the item you wanted to pay for in the
first
<BR>place. &nbsp;IGS has been looking for an easy to use, safe, less
expensive way for
<BR>overseas members to purchase memberships and renewals. &nbsp;&nbsp;The
research has
<BR>been done, and the Board has approved the action, so it is simply a
matter of
<BR>the Webmaster making the appropriate links and additions to the IGS
website.
<BR>
<BR>Anyone is welcome to use their credit card, not just those overseas.
&nbsp;There
<BR>will be a small handling fee added to the cost of membership.
&nbsp;&nbsp;Subject to
<BR>last minute changes, we are looking at the following:
<BR>
<BR>$16 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1 year (4 journals) mailed by
regular mail
<BR>$25 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1 year (4 journals) mailed by
airmail
<BR>
<BR>Please let me know your thoughts on this new option, and once the
website is
<BR>updated, your experience when using a credit card to pay for
<BR>membership/renewal so that I can report back to the Board. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Cynthia Lohry