Introduction

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Introduction
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:52:25 -0500

Hello Everyone :)

My name is Laurie and I am an artist and horticulturalist on Cape Cod,
Massachusetts USA. I currently grow both Pelargonium hortorums and the hardy
geraniums, although I only have a few types of the hardies. I also have
P.peltatums and  P. echinatum. I grow most of my zonal and ivy leaf
geraniums indoors under lights during the winter and outdoors in the summer.
I  bury their pots in beds in summer so that I can easily take them up for
the winter.  Currently I have about seventy five plants, including the
seedlings I have started for the spring. Several of the mature plants are in
bloom. We have a very short growing season here and I find if I start seeds
in December, they bloom in May. I have been looking for a group / list with
which to share my love of geraniums, and look forward to participating in
the group.

Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
Cape Cod, USA Zone 7