"Alpine Geraniums"

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] "Alpine Geraniums"
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:59:07 -0500

Hi Everyone :)  I have recently ordered  plants that here in the USA are
called "Alpine Geraniums".  I asked the catalog owner if they had the Latin
name, and was told no, they didn't have it.  The only description I can give
(from the catalog)is that they are "still uncommon in America, trailing or
mounding, and 10-12" in height, and hundreds of small single blooms".  The
variety name might be 'Mini Cascade'.  Does anyone know the Latin name?
These are different from ivy-leafed varieties.  I know I'm not giving much
to go on here as far as information.

Thanks.

Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist