Re: IGSROBIN Digest - 25 Jan 2002 to 28 Jan 2002 (#2002-9)

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSROBIN Digest - 25 Jan 2002 to 28 Jan 2002 (#2002-9)
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:44:21 -0500

Hi Maria - Thank you for that response.  I have heard them also referred to
as balcon geraniums.  I checked those photos and will continue to search for
more-

Thanks again.
Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
Cape Cod, USA Zone 7
http://www.LAEOM.com
> Date:    Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:11:04 -0700
> From:    maria guzman <eulen@TAOSNET.COM>
> Subject: Re: "Alpine Geraniums"
>
> Better known as "Balcon Geraniums".  They are ideal hanging or window box
> flowers, trailing like ivy-leaved pellies but much bushier as they are a
> genetically  different species. Here are some photos:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&imgsafe=off&q=+site:www.wheelerfarmgar
dens
> .com+Balcon+geraniums
>
> (You too can check out whatever you're looking for in Google's 'Images'
> search page.)
>
> Maria
>

> >Hi Everyone :)  I have recently ordered  plants that here in the USA are
> >called "Alpine Geraniums".  I asked the catalog owner if they had the
Latin
> >name, and was told no, they didn't have it.  The only description I can
give
> >(from the catalog)is that they are "still uncommon in America, trailing
or
> >mounding, and 10-12" in height, and hundreds of small single blooms".
The