Re: "Alpine Geraniums"

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] "Alpine Geraniums"
  • From: John MacGregor <jonivy@EARTHLINK.NET>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:26:47 -0800

Here in southern California where pelargoniums are hardy outdoors, we use
both Balcon pelargoniums and Cascades outdoors for year-round landscaping
groundcovers, on banks, and cascading over walls.  The "Balcons" are typical
P. peltatum forms in all their characters, but the "Cascades" (at least
those listed by Monterey Bay nursery, with which I am familiar) are
obviously hybrids, with the blood of both P. peltatum and P, zonale clearly
evident in their foliage and stems.

John MacGregor
South Pasadena, CA 91030
USDA zone 9   Sunset zones 21/23