Morning Star

  • Subject: Morning Star
  • From: Sandy Connerley sandyc@SURFARI.NET
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:01:32 -0800

    I have looked in several books for a picture of 'Morning Star'
quilled petaled zonal to no avail. I can tell you that it is exquisite
and if it blooms before I move, will take a picture and send it to you.

    Wish that the quilled or cactus flowered would be more compact.  I
eliminated 'Noel' because it was too leggy, but now wish I could try it
again.  Have 'Puff,'  'Morning Star,' 'Attraction,' 'Spitfire' and 'Star
of Persia' which is always blooming.  Also have 'Mini Czech' and
'Sputnik' in the smaller sizes. 'Mini Czech' is very darling, but not a
frequent bloomer for me.  Could be me, though.  'Sputnik' is by Ron
Mitchell in England.  I did not like it for a long time when growing
under the lights - perhaps not close enough as it does stay compact.
 But, When it went outside, it was rather charming.  The leaves are very
dark and it stays in such a good shape.  Am re-evaluating my earlier
decisions.  And, that is why it is hard to eliminate plants - change my