Re: Purple Heart

  • Subject: Re: Purple Heart
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:29:03 -0700

Has anyone had difficulty with Purple Heart?  I lost my first one to black
stem and the second one does not thrive although there's nothing to put my
finger on.  The leaves curl under and turn russet instead of deep
maroon/black.  I've tried it under fluorescents, in sun, in shade, growing
it cool, keeping it warm - nothing works.  I'm extremely careful not to
overwater.  Maybe it's just highly sensitive and hates winter (like me)?