Re: Purple Heart

  • Subject: Re: Purple Heart
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:22:20 -0700

Claire - thanks for the extended advice which I found quite interesting.  I
think I'll just let nature take its course with the Purple Heart.  I used
to use the first one for hybridizing purposes (bought it from Faye
Brawner), but this clone from Marilyn Holt seems to be semi-sterile which
has me puzzled.  I'm through fretting over it.

I had a Vancouver Centennial when I lived on the west coast: a large,
gorgeous, bushy plant that thrived in our California sun.  I brought it
with me to  Montana, cut it back, took cuttings, and they all expired like
yours.  I've learned since that it's sterile and I don't have window room
for any (well, very few) pellies that can't do double duty as pollen or
seed parents.  So: RIP.

But I have to say 'White Splash' sounds intriguing.  I'll look it up.

Maria