Re: Colorful Miniature Pelargoniums

  • Subject: Re: Colorful Miniature Pelargoniums
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:06:41 -0700

And Hi from me!  Couldn't help jumping in:  I have to my surprise a
miniature (something I don't really look for) only 3 1/2 " high that just
started blooming three weeks ago.  Very small bushy olive leaves with
slight horsehoe, salmon pink triple-petalled flowers, some fading to white
on the edges, in large trusses.  I almost threw it out when the first
blossom opened but now I'm glad I didn't.  It goes back several generations
to Deerwood Autumn Sunset, Urchin, Stanley Park, and Black Velvet Rose.

Since last night's thermometer showed -26 F and there's been a lot of
overcast this winter, the amount of flowers my plants show is surprising.
I've learned to discard those that are shy bloomers.  This climate is the
acid test believe me!

Maria
            in frigid Montana