Re: Colorful Miniature Pelargoniums

Hi Kent,

I have Candy, had Keepsake, and have wanted to see Cheiko in real life.  Cheiko was by Parrett, and several similar ones were done at that time by other hybridizers, like Bianca, Royal Norfolk, Tuddenham.  I would love to grow them all side by side for a comparison.  Royal Norfolk is a very good plant.

Re those that bloom like crazy, Francis Parrett, Little Alice, Elmsett, Red Elmsett, Pink Ice and Wendy Read come to mind.

I have quite a few blooming now, but not sure they would meet all the requirements.  I would add that a good plant is naturally compact.

Rigel is related to Orion as a very good one.  I love reading the British journals as they often have articles saying which plants of the different hybridizers are their very best work.  And, on some of the British websites, they add to the description 'exhibition variety' and I think that means it is probably a superior plant.  However, the British pinch like heck and grow for showing.

Interesting discussion.

Sandy

Kent Fenley <Fenleykent@AOL.COM> wrote:
The other miniatures that I had was Candy, Keepsake, Adele, Cheiko. Orion
would be a 10 and Adele would be a 1. Orion grows and flowers abundantly. Adele
grows very slowly and flowers in spring but very little at other times. If the
plant doesn't have a bloom it is hard for me to sell the plant.