Re: Colorful Miniature Pelargoniums

Thanks, Steve,

I think Holbrook is one of the lovliest of all the small plants.  Sorcery has nice leaves but shatters.  My friend Donn from Sacramento had Flaming Katy and adored it.  Unfortunately he lost it before I got a cutting.  It was a real bloomer.  Dame Anna Neagle is ok.  I don't know the rest except Orion.  Do you have a favorite little one?

The British websites are nice, with BPGS being exceptional will all those photos.

Kind regards and Happy New Year to you also.

Steve <stephen.pollard2@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote:
Hi Sandy,

Thought I would respond to your comment as you mentioned us Brits.
I have just looked at this years Journals and the miniature show plants
which did well are:

BPGS Show: (The first three are singles and the second three are
doubles/semi doubles).

Southern Galaxy

Scotlow Sparkler

BEGS Show:=20

Flaming Katy
Dame Anna Neagle
Little Jim

Kind regards and a Happy New Year.

Hi Kent,

I have Candy, had Keepsake, and have wanted to see Cheiko in real life.
Cheiko was by Parrett, and several similar ones were done at that time =
other hybridizers, like Bianca, Royal Norfolk, Tuddenham. I would love =
grow them all side by side for a comparison. Royal Norfolk is a very =

Re those that bloom like crazy, Francis Parrett, Little Alice, Elmsett, =
Elmsett, Pink Ice and Wendy Read come to mind.

I have quite a few blooming now, but not sure they would meet all the
requirements. I would add that a good plant is naturally compact.

Rigel is related to Orion as a very good one. I love reading the =
journals as they often have articles saying which plants of the =
hybridizers are their very best work. And, on some of the British =
they add to the description 'exhibition variety' and I think that means =
is probably a superior plant. However, the British pinch like heck and =
for showing.

Interesting discussion.

Kent Fenley wrote:
The other miniatures that I had was Candy, Keepsake, Adele, Cheiko. =
would be a 10 and Adele would be a 1. Orion grows and flowers =
grows very slowly and flowers in spring but very little at other times. =
plant doesn't have a bloom it is hard for me to sell the plant.