Re: The future of IGSRBIN

  • Subject: Re: The future of IGSRBIN
  • From: "Maria C. Boza" mcboza@EARTHLINK.NET
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:58:54 -0800

I want to add my thanks to others' for David Barrett's management of the
list and his efforts at finding alternatives.

I was very relieved at the news that Majordomo is a possibility to be
explored.  I was on a list managed through Majordomo and did not
encounter any problems.  I have no idea how the software actually
functioned, but the members encountered no technical difficulties, did
not receive ads, and did not get spam as a consequence of membership.  I
was quite worried about our switching to Yahoo because of the potential
for nuisance.

I get a lot of spam now.  I'm not sure how my address fell into the
spammers' clutches, though the beginning of the avalanche coincided
suspiciously with my signing up to receive news updates from the
Sacramento Bee (our local newspaper).  It's alarming how careful one has
to be.

Maria Boza