Re: [IGSrobin] Thank You and Clarification

  • Subject: Re: [IGSrobin] Thank You and Clarification
  • From: "IGSRobin - List Manager" igsrobin@beeb.net
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:31:28 -0000

Maria,

The instructions you sent us are very thorough and this
question may not arise in others' minds. I just wanted to clarify whether we are supposed to continue to use
plain text in our messages, as opposed to HTML. I did notice that you said pictures should not be sent.
Maria Boza
The server at Hort.net will process messages that in as Rich Text / HTML, as well as Plan Text. Messages are
sent out in the same format as they come in. I don't suppose
there are any List members these days that need it sent Plain
Text. The reason I didn't mention it was not Majordomo limitations but Spam Filters - in my tests before the new
location became active I had Rich Text messages filtered out
whilst the Plain version went through.

If List members want to use Rich Text / HTML for text messages
- No pictures or graphics please - then you can do so and I will
monitor what gets filtered out by my BTYahoo! Spam Filter which seems to be particularly inconsistent.

Best wishes,
David