Re: [IGS] New subscriber breaks silence

Thanks for coming out from lurking Barry,
Feel free to lurk all you want but keep in mind if the newsgroup seems a
little slow, It's probably because everyone is waiting for someone else
to post :-)  .

I can sympathize with your interest waning. I had been active in
gardening ever since my pumpkin seeds I grew for kindergarten class took
over a major part of my Dad's garden <VBG>
Due to some complex allergies and a move to a new city, I took a 7-8
year break. Finally I decided about 2 years ago that it was time to
start digging again and began turning my yard into raised beds and
started collecting too. Now I wonder what has got into me <G>.

There has been changes but there is alot that is the same also. As far
as new cultivars go, there seems to be a new one appearing with each new
day. Some aren't a whole lot different from what past plant forms but
then there are some fascinating new hybrids also. There are some that
are trying to preserve many older species and cultivars so they don't
get lost in the shuffle so I am sure you can find something to relate to
and even something we all can learn from you.

Will look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Dale