[IGS] Big thanks to Robin

sophie....Big thanks for a very intrested letter...I wonder if you
also know any growers who have this wonderfuls hardy geranium,and
also if they can send to Sweden,,,Big thanks..I am very grateful
for your answer..sophie

IGSROBIN:
> Dear Sophie:
>
> As far as I know there aren't very many hardy geraniums with
double
> flowers. Geranium pratense has the most (3).  Actually, I
believe Blooms
> of Bressingham in the U.K. has another named double lavender
form of G.
> pratense, but I haven't seen it. G. x oxonianum 'Sue Cox' is the
only
> one I know of with any additional color on the leaf.  All the
double
> flowered forms seem to be sterile, and so they have to be
divided by
> crowns, or by root division.  They include:
>
> Geranium pratense 'Plenum Violaceum' beautifully shaped,
violet-colored
> flowers
>
> Geranium pratense 'Plenum Caeruleum' light lavender-blue
flowers, with a
> pink flush
>
> Geranium pratense 'Plenum Album' - white flowers.  Some inferior
plants
> have pink streaks in the petals.
>
> Geranium himalayense 'Plenum' (G. himalayense 'Birch Double') -
light
> lavender flowers
>
> Geranium x oxonianum 'Southcombe Double' - salmon-pink flowers,
not very
> floriferous, like powder puffs
>
> Geranium x oxonianum 'Sue Cox' - similar, but the leaves have a
maroon
> stain on the upper surface
>
> Geranium sanguineum (semi double) - a misnomer, really.   There
is an
> extra petal sometimes, which is slightly waved on the outer
edge, thus
> giving the appearance of extra petals
>
> Geranium psilostemon (semi double) - an extra petal, making six.
Magenta
> flowers
>
> If anyone knows of others,  let us know.  The G. pratense
doubles are
> hard to find in nurseries.  We have a "Life List" here.
Collectors tend