Re: [IGS] Seed Propagation of Hardy Geraniums

Thanks for the encouragement and sharing of your scarification technique
, Robin. I will have to try using a magnifying glass and tweezers when I
start some seeds this year (maybe while listening to books on tape <G>..
.Good idea).
I have grown some mixed Geranium seed and G. Ferari (I think that was
what they were called..I will have to look that up) . I used a razor
blade to nick them and had about a 50% germination. I lost a few after
germination as they seemed weaker than the others.
I think that T&M probably noticed something a little different in this
plant that they say seeds remarkably true. It sounded good to me but
then I am not familiar with the species and they had a reallllyyyyy nice
photo with it of course which when I saw it , I said "I've got to have
that"  :-) .
Where do you obtain your seeds or do you breed your own and save the
seeds? I should check the seed list in the journal to see what is
available now.

Oh BTW, I was asking before and you probably overlooked it; Is there a
trait of the variegated Geraniums like that of Pelargoniums where some
will regress to the parent plant if you don't keep the non variegated
growth pruned ? I imagine the hardy perrenials are more stable than the
tender but I don't know.

Well, will TTYL,
Dale