[IGS] Light Gardening Society and Plant Sources

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new subscriber to the IGS Robin, and live in Chicago.  I grow a
few pelargoniums, as well as many other kinds of plants.  I was happy to
see others in the Robin living in my area

I also belong to a plant group that was a chapter of the Indoor Light
Gardening Society.  When they folded, we just kept meeting anyway.  Our
members grow a wide variety of plants and have a plant show at the
Botanic Garden in Glencoe once a year.  We meet once a month at the Oak
Park Conservatory, Oak Park, IL.  usually the fourth Sunday, at 1:30
p.m.  Meeting is this Sunday, Jan 25, and the subject is a round table
discussion on the subject of soils.  Anyone interested in plants is
welcome.  If anyone would like more information on this, please let me
know.

I am interested in sources for pelargonium plants, so will send for
Deerwood Geraniums catalog.  I try to get out to Shady Hill in Batavia
once a year in May, but there are some old varieties I would like
(painted ladies, etc.) that they don't carry any more.  It seems they
are carrying fewer varieties these days.

Esther Detlefsen