[IGS] Painted Ladies?

Could someone explain as to what the grouping of 'Painted Lady ' is
about. when I first saw the term the other day, I thought that it was a
name of a single plant that I was not aware of but now it seems that we
are talking about a grouping of plants.

BTW, Cyndi, thanks for the detailed explaination of Angels. I hadn't
known of the different theories involved of the origin. I had always
understood that they were mainly crosses between scenteds and regals. I
know that is a simplified explaination and I appreciate your detail.

Dale