Re: [IGS] Geranium x cantabrigiense 'Biokovo'

Dear Clyde:

Glad to know Geranium x cantabrigiense 'Biokovo' is still green.  It's a
little toughie. I have it listed in my catalog as hardy to Zone 3.  But
I would like to be corrected if anyone has additional information. It is
a cross between G. macrorrhizum and G. dalmaticum.  G. macrorrhizum is
even more cold hardy.  I understand it will survive in Zone 2.  G. x
cantabrigiense 'Biokovo is a ground cover,  8" x 30" after a couple of
years, for a shade or morning sun/afternoon shade situation in the
garden.  It needs good drainage, blooms in the spring, and if the
weather is cool will repeat bloom. The flowers, if you haven't seen them
already, are white with a very slight pink flush, disc-shaped and about
the size of a nickel. You can also grow the plant in a container, but it
tends to engulf everything else. There are three other color selections:
G. x cantabrigiense 'Cambridge' with light, cool pink flowers, that fade
slightly towards the center of the petal; G. x cantabrigiense 'Karmina'
with mid pink flowers; and G. x cantabrigiense 'St. Ola' with white
flowers.

Cheers,

Robin
Geraniaceae Nursery