Re: [IGSROBIN] summer is not here yet in San Diego

It's actually been rather cool and rainy in San Diego.  The potted plants
first tried to blow off their benches and fly, and then amused themselves by
filling up to the brim with rainwater and lolling about, sputtering and
gagging.  The snails from the garden climbed partway up the stucco walls to
the house and just clung there.  I think they were trying to get out of the
rain.  And it wasn't a warm rain that you can work in and find rather
pleasant, it was a cold, driving rain that could turn corners and sneak
through very small gaps in your defenses.  Remember Terry Jacks' s song that
said it never rained in Southern California?  He obviously didn't visit here
in the early spring.

So, all of my pots have been turned onto their sides to prevent still more
rain from collecting on the soil, and I've got them wedged up with anything
handy to keep the whole lot of them from rolling off the tables and ending up
bobbing up and down in the swimming pool (which has a water level that is even
with the top of the concrete and oozes over the edge whenever the wind blows).

Most of my friends and all of my cats have a cold.  We're cold, miserable and
desperately in need of something warm and cheering.  Whoever has our sunshine
and "warm" please return it.  Failing that, write about it!

Lemon Grove, CA