1001 Pelargoniums

Dear Ingrid,

Yours is the first review I've seen of this book. It sounds a bit
disappointing. I see Amazon has discounted it 30 per cent  - even though
they are not shipping it yet! Now, what does that say?!

Andrew
San Diego, California

"Just received my copy of Hazel Key's book 1001 Pelargoniums...have you?
It has been promised and promised and finally it arrived....has it
been two years?

And what a great disappointment....after all these YEARS of
waiting....couldn't they have at least included a register in the
book? And the year when each pelargonium was introduced....the
colours leave a lot to ask for instance most salmon colours came out
YELLOW!! Creamery isn't that yellow in real Life either. And a lot of
common cultivars were left out. The best part was Hazel's Favourites
at the end..a few species photos :-))))) that was GOOD!

Too bad about the shortcomings of the book ..it is such an ambitious
book and just great to finally have a lot of pelargoniums
documented...what enormous work that must have been putting it all
together, ...and yet...it falls short. Nevertheless I am sure this
will be a reference for years to come which is one of the reasons I
am complaining!!!

Ingrid in Sweden"