Re: Cranesbill

> Over the weekend I visited the Great Orme at Llandudno .

For the Lists members in the US, France, The Netherlands, Sweden, Australia,
China and Korea, the Great Orme is an outcrop of limestone rock with some
fairly unique flora, jutting out into the Irish Sea on the North Coast of
Wales in the UK.

> In the visitors center were some pictures including one of a
> Geranium indigenous to the 'Great Orme' .
> Unfortunately the shop [info center ] was closed and the caption under the
> photo read 'Bloody Cranesbill' .
> Do any of you have any idea of the plants name ?

Haven't heard of an indigenous Geranium on the Orme - maybe a subspecies or
variety. I have asked a friend (not on the Robin) if he knows anything or
has a Denbighshire (the area the Great Orme is in) Flora, which I don't.
Will get back to you with any definite information.

Hope you had a good time on the Welsh Riviera - if it was a last few days
ago you were lucky with the weather. It is drizzling and wet today south of