Mini/dwarf elimination

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Mini/dwarf elimination
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandyc@SURFARI.NET>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 22:02:14 -0700

Thanks for responding, Denise and Claire.

I love Deerwood Darling, too.  Wish they were all in such nice form.

I don't have a size written for Miss Wackles in my records, but she was
hybridized by Stringer.

Smarty is listed as a dwarf and is by Miller.

Tuddenham is listed as a miniature and is by Bidwell.

And, Fleurette is listed as a mini/dwarf by Case.  But, it does seem to
get too big.

Guess I will keep watching them side by side to see which ones go.

I had success growing in windowsills when I lived in Eureka, California,
on the north coast.  Since our move to the central California with this
wonderful weather, I have not worried about that.  But, this is a
temporary situation which ends April 1, 2003, so am still working on the
windowsill collection.  Would love to know anyones favorite compact
miniature and dwarf plants.