Question re Xylem

I have read that systemic pesticides do not translocate to the flower part.  Is it because the xylem does not go into the flower?  Or does it?  Is it because flower parts are differentiated from the rest of the plant?  All this came up because of the dreaded budworm and why systemics are not effective.  I guess I mean systemics that are absorbed through the roots and not contact ones that might absorb into the flower part.

Hope someone can give me a lesson!