GATW Searchable CD Project Offer CORRECTION

  • Subject: GATW Searchable CD Project Offer CORRECTION
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:14:55 -0700

Hello All,  I made a huge mistake in the offer below by putting the wrong city on the address for mailing.  My apologies.  The address below is correct - it is Lemon Grove, not San Diego for the mailing city.

The San Diego Geranium Society and the International Geranium Society are pleased to make this one time offer!  Let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

The SAN DIEGO GERANIUM SOCIETY, in conjunction with the International Geranium Society ("IGS") has undertaken a project to professionally digitalize 51 years (1953-2003) of the IGS quarterly journal, Geraniums Around The World, in an industry standard text searchable format with the pages appearing historically as the originals.

Geraniums Around The World was first published in 1953 and the1953-2003 issues cumulatively contain comprehensive and invaluable information on the five genera of the Geraniaceae family and much more.

A total of 4,866 pages with many photos both in black and white and color will be scanned and a master CD set professionally produced. The cost of this project is $8,000.

SDGS and IGS welcome contributions in any amount for this project. All contributions will be acknowledged in Geraniums Around The World.

As part of the fund raising for this project, we are pleased to offer this once only limited opportunity to pre-purchase the above CD set to 50 members for a reduced price of $100. Make your check payable to SDGS-SCDP and mail it to San Diego Geranium Society - SCDP, 1560 Primera Street, Lemon Grove, CA 91945.

SDGS has IRC 501(c)(3) status and your cash contribution is tax deductible (minus CD set value, if applicable). We anticipate the completion of the project near the beginning of 2005. Thank you for your support of this worthwhile project. It will benefit plant enthusiasts for many years to come.