Re: New member

Hi Sandy,

When we moved house all my plants had to be accommodated in the shed, it was
a tight squeeze, only two didn't survive. Somehow Flaming Katie was pushed
to the back and I could only see the top of the pot to water it, but when I
was taking them out I noticed it had seed heads so I decided to pot them on
and see what happened. That's the story of the plant, hybridising is not
really something I would consider on a regular basis. My Spot on Bonanza
sport keeps reverting back, it's not unlike its parent either, the
difference being is that it has spotted top petals and clear white lower
ones, whereas the original is all spotted, I think Spot on Bonanza is a very
nice plant to look at and it grows well too. I will keep you updated about
Flaming Katie's seedling, I'm sure Gwen wouldn't mind sending you any photos
I take of it. I will certainly try and find out about those hybridisers for
you.

Hello again Caroline, I live to far away to send you cuttings, but if any of
my regals ever have seeds I will let you know. The regals I have at the
moment are Hazel Stardust, Spot on Bonanza, Tyabb Princess, Ropely's
Bonanza, Pompei and Askham Fringed Aztec; the others are decorative regals,
Lord Bute, Marquis of Bute, (variegated Lord Bute) and Australian Mystery. I
like most pelargoniums with the exception of the tulip flowered but I tend
to like all the rest of them, I think they are very fascinating and some of
the scented ones just smell delicious!

Aileen