Re: New member with a species pelargonium

  • Subject: Re: New member with a species pelargonium
  • From: "Maria C. Boza" mcboza@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:03:07 -0700

Species are exciting!  Once you get hooked, you'll never be the same.
You'll be doing things such as my husband Kurt and I did tonight: going
out into the garden with a flashlight to smell the night-scented P.
gibbosum.  And you'll be amassing in your pantry a collection of pots
with deceptively dead-looking plants that will suddenly start sending up
green shoots when they wake up from their seasonal sleep.  Some are
easier of course.  There are such beauties as P. sidoides and P.
reniforme.  Our P. reniforme is in bloom every single day of the year,
including Christmas.  We live in Sacramento.  Your conditions may
differ.  But the excitement probably won't.

Maria Boza