Re: GATW

  • Subject: Re: GATW
  • From: hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:04:30 -0400

Gwen,

That particular pin was a bit thicker than usual and completely flat;
it was for someone who wanted it that way.  Usually the leaves I make
are about 2 mm thick at the center and tapered out to very fine edges.
The clay is very easy to work with and you can adapt the basic idea to
whatever style you prefer.  Personally, I like the leaves to be more
curved, rather than flat.

The leaves are also amazingly sturdy.  The only catastrophe I've had is
the one that I forgot to remove from my blouse and ran through the
washer and dryer.  They don't survive that!  :)  But, I've had the
kitten swipe one from my jewelry box and play with it for several
hours, batting it around the floor, and when I came home and rescued it
from him, it was still in one piece.

Cindi