[IGS] Sarcaulon vanderietiae

My Sarcaulon has by far become one of my favorite plants even surpassing my
new Brighamia. I noticed today the I believe it has begun to set seed. One
of the flowers has lost all of its petals and has a large growth. How can I
hand ploinate some of the other flowers. Also how can you tell when the
seeds are ready to be harvested and does the plant shoot off it seeds or
anything I should be aware of. these may be odd questions but I do not know
the ones to ask.